Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Eggs!!!!!

Last night I heard little peeps coming form the incubator that sits next to my bed. We are on day 19 of a 21 day hatch. I have to admit I do not know how many will hatch. Several times my incubator went a little wacky and temps were up to 105* and almost 106*. One time it was during the day and may have been that high for up to 8 hours.


I have an automatic egg turner. The eggs were in it until I heard the peeps and remembered that they needed to be taken out. Oops!  I think there are 5 or 6 eggs with little holes packed out. I know it can still take several days for them to hatch. Plus some of the others may hatch as well. I was told to give them up to 24 or 25 days. Last night 3 of the eggs were peeping.



This is what greeted me this morning. This little one is the only one peeping now. So I am a little worried about the others, but I know that losses can happen even after they peck their holes. I am on a really good chicken forum (Backyard Chickens) so I am getting good advise. I guess we will just wait and see......


Here is my little one!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment