Thursday, March 7, 2013

Chicks day 2


Last night we ended up 10 chicks that has hatched and 3 more that had poked a hole in their eggs. I do have to say that I do not think one of the ones from last night will make it. Its yolk sac was not fully absorbed into its abdomen. Time will tell though.

This morning I discovered 8 more chicks in the incubator. I do have to say that they are noisy little boogers. Before I decide to hatch some quail, I need to find a new safe location for the incubator  By my bed is just not working.

This afternoon I have noticed one more chick and 2 more eggs with holes in them. So we will wait till this evening. I have to admit that I do not think we will have many more eggs hatch if any more do. We are on day 21 now. They say to go to day 24 or 25. We had several high temp. spikes during several phases of incubation. If the 2 more in there hatch, we will have a 50% hatch rate. I don't think that is to bad for my first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment