Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Week 2: Taking the "100 Days of Real Food" Mini Pledge (14 weeks)



Oops! It's Wednesday and I forgot the pledge for this week. We start on Mondays.


I know this will not work for The Elder. That is ok. I will pick and choose my battles with him. I have done pretty well. I am NOT a fan of straight water. I craved it at various points during pregnancy. Now it doesn't sit well. I am sure I am just psyching myself out. So instead of straight water I drink iced tea (unsweetened) or water with a little lemon.

Pan fried Brussels sprouts, garlic, and bacon.
The minions mainly drink water and milk. Juice is not very often and is sometimes given in packed lunches.

2 freezer meal thawing in the fridge.
This weeks meal plan for us was:

Mini steaks (4oz), Pan Fried Brussel Sprouts with Bacon, Potatoes, and Northern Blend vegetables.

Chicken, Leek, and Kale Pastie (with Parsnips)

Freezer Meal: Lasagna (I make mine with spinach) with Broccoli.

Freezer Meal: Green Chili Chicken Tacos served with Avocado Rice(not freezer) and Baja Corn

Freezer Meal: Chicken Sausage with Peppers and Perogies with an unknown vegetable

Freezer Meal: Italian Chicken and Potatoes with added Carrots and Kale.

Chicken and Dumplings using chicken soup "starter" from the freezer. Homemade stock with shredded chicken. Add in carrots, parsnips, spinach, and a bag of mixed veggies.

She loved the Brussels Sprouts. 4 out of 5 minion tried them.

We were under our grocery budget this week. I am quite happy with that. I used the extra to buy a few extra items for the pantry like extra maple syrup, whole wheat flour, and I honestly forgot what else. Maybe I should start posting about the next week on our shopping day (Now Saturday due to the CSA pick up)
This week CSA

We already had 2 hiccups this week. Monday was Mc Donald's due to a very hectic day and poor planning on my part. I had been organizing a room and sorting out to small clothes for 3 children. Then I needed to go pick up my milk. Last night (Tuesday) was also not the best. I thought I had out my lasagna, but didn't.  We recovered from that by having breakfast for dinner. I had some very ripe bananas I was going to make banana muffin with.  

Karl helping measure and mix the pancakes
Instead we made Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes. We added some leftover blueberries in addition to 2 extra bananas.The minions loved helping me make them. I made a double batch and had enough leftover for 2 breakfasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment